Web hosting – there is so much confusion regarding this service on the internet. People don’t know what type of web hosting to opt for. The type of web hosting that works wonders for me may not be suitable for you. Hence, it is important to learn the difference between the different types of web hosting.
6 Types of Web Hosting
- Shared Hosting: This is the simplest type of web hosting. In this, there is one server, which provides all the resources. As the name suggests, you share the server with other websites. This plan is good for small or new websites. It is the cheapest.
- Virtual Private Server: A step above shared hosting, the only difference in VPS server is that it gives you divided portions of the server. All of the websites will be sharing the same server, but you will get pre-defined resources for yourself.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: This type of hosting will give you maximum control over the server. The server and all its resources are just dedicated to you and no one shares it. Thus, greater performance. It is also the most expensive.
- Cloud Hosting: A single server is divided into smaller servers and you can pay for only the resources you use.
- Managed Hosting: The company itself will provide with all the management from hardware to software. The host will look after everything.
- Colocation: You house your hardware in a third-party data center.
So, you see, there are several different hosting options available. You just need to go with the one that perfectly fits your business needs. Preferably, you should always start from shared hosting and go to the higher plans as your website/ network builds up.